Snard is the Swiss Army Knife of launcher programs. It provides many of the functionalities of the old Apple and Application menus, yet it can be customized to your heart's content. Snard can be used as a system menu, hot key activated popup menu or you can assign individual Snard items via hot keys - for even quicker access. Maximize your Mac OS X navigation experience, and try Snard today.Snard's Feature list includes :
Easily Open Applications as root
- Option-Select an Application in the Snard menu
- Use the "Open App as Root..." Menu Item
Flexible Menu access - Snard works the way you want it to work
- Option-Space shows the Snard menu under mouse pointer
- Use from the Menu bar
- Use Hot Keys to access items - open worksets/files/applications, and paste snippets from your keyboard
Use Worksets to specify a list of files to open with one click of the mouse Easily access all your System Preferences Organize items into Groups for easy access Place your favorite folders in Snard for quick access Quickly enter text using Snippets Add and launch URLs directly from Snard Quick access to open Application windows Location menu - quickly access recent servers and favorites Preferences menu - quickly access all your system preferences
"This is the most useful and most used application on my Mac. It saves me hours (per month) of searching to open different applications. Mac is not the same without it."-Stephen C. Papastephanou"Absolutely Fantastic!!!!! Best of any launcher utility I've ever used! Thanks!"-Bob Lazzarini"Snard is one of those insanely useful apps that you'll never get tired of finding new uses for."-thinkAPPL.com"Snard rocks--it's one of the most useful docklings yet for OS X. In fact, it's one of the best utilities for OS X. Just try it and you'll be hooked, then pay David his $10. He's certainly earned it."-Bob "Dr. Mac" LeVitus"Great product, by the way. Easily worth the $10. After trying fruit menu, max menus and things like prefling, Snard filled the bill and replaced them all more elegantly."-Joseph Ferrare"...awesome little program that has totally changed how I feel about the Dock"-lesterCat on VT"... I also tried Launchbar..., my vote goes to Snard. Just felt like a better solution for me."-reich on VT
Books in which Snard is reviewed or mentioned.
Some books may also include Snard on included media.
Read what Softpedia had to say.
Snard received the honor of being badged one of the Top 50 utilities for Mac OS X
Snard Received a 4.5 out of 5 mouse rating in the May 2003 Issue of Macworld Magazine.
Read what MacObserver had to say about Snard by clicking here!
Snard is the thinkAAPL.com shareware of the month. Click here to read what they had to say!
Requires Mac OS X v10.6 or later.
- Fixed crasher with orphaned files/folders ( ie owned by _unknown )
- Now handles missing items more gracefully.
- No longer requires System Preferences app to be in Applications
- Added tooltips to most preference options
- Fixed dimmed folder bug
- Fixed issue with aliases in submenus
- Updated core file handling code
- FIXED : Snard menu would dim
- FIXED : Aliases in a menu no longer cause server mount popups
- Interface updates for Snow Leopard
- We show application windows in app submenu
- Folders Icon file is no longer visible in folder listings
Click here to download Snard.
Snard is Shareware and costs $10. Click here to go to our purchase page.